Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Il Parte Prima
Buona Sera! My first day in Italy is coming to a close- a very very long day that started on Monday and ended on Tuesday. The jet lag was fairly brutal all day but now that I have the opportunity to finally sleep, it suddenly doesn't seem as crucial. I'm sure that I'll be out the second my head hits the pillow however. Florence is absolutely beautiful! The weather is fairly warm, probably upper 40s- warm enough to comfortably have a quick lunch outside in the jardino (the garden) on campus and sip an itty bitty espresso. So bitter and strong but so delicious! The Villa Rossa (the main building on campus) is so quaint and picturesque, as are all the buildings on camps. You feel like you're in a little slice of the Tuscan country side when you sit in the Jardino and look around. All buildings are incredible which is why I think it's such a gorgeous place. Lots of old architecture in this modern city. I even saw a glimpse of the Duomo from the bus! The Duomo! That's when it hit me that this isn't any old city. It's Florence!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ciao, Ali. You made it - yay. I'm so excited for you. Now---sleep!
ReplyDeleteHey Ali, you made it. Sounds like Florence is a blast. Trying to navigate the blog. Minor glitch but have no fear will work it out. Enjoy the sights, sounds and tastes of Florence , but first get some sleep. Love DAD
ReplyDelete