Friday, February 26, 2010
Craziest Week EVER
Wow. I need a minute or 10 to breathe after this past week. This was by far my craziest week since coming to Florence. Tuesday I had a big presentation in my Botticelli class so all of Sunday and Monday were spent in the Giardino when it was nice, and the Villino when it was cooler, doing research for that. The presentation on Tuesday went really well and so to celebrate, my friends and i went out to Beatles night on Tuesday. Always a good time! I also did my internship both Monday and Wednesday mornings at the elementary school- I love working in the English classes but it means that I start my day at 8:30 am instead of 11 am. Wednesday was the Milano-Firenze calcio game. Big soccer game- lots of yelling, lots of people, lots of beer. Also, lots of fun, but maybe something that I'm glad I did once and now can be happy watching the mass chaos from my apartment window. And as if 4 days of craziness wasn't enough, I took a bus to Padova last night (university town just south of Venice) to see a Dave Matthews concert last night! It was AWESOME! Much different than in the states, but still amazing. He played a totally different line up, lots of new stuff and a few really popular older songs, and much less chatting in between sets. Also, there wasn't a 30 minute series of encores where they leave and come back- the concert actually ended on time. Weird! The bus ride was looooong and we didn't get back to Florence until nearly 4 am but it was so worth it. It was an amazing experience to see Dave in Italy. And made me very excited for this summer's concert (which I bought a ticket for this morning lol). Today I was up early to go to the elementary school where I intern to read a Doctor Seuss book to a class of third graders. It was really fun- there's a story telling program through Syracuse that my host mom organizes and it was nice to finally participate. A friend and I read and acted out (costumes included) the story "I Wish I Had Duck Feet." Really good story, really hilarious to act out. To quote my host mom "by the end of the story you will be all decorated like a christmas tree"- you're wearing duck feet, deer horns, a tiger tail and an elephant nose. So fun! It was nice to finally have some time this afternoon to just hang out with my friends in the Giardino and "do homework." I hadn't seen half the wolf pack (what we call our massive group of ladies) in days so it was really nice. Tonight we're all going out for some Mexican food- there are two places in Florence that are apparently quite good. I'm ridiculously excited. I love Italian food and am eating SO WELL but sometimes you just want something spicy that isn't peperoncino. Bring on the hot sauce and tomatilla!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment