Tuesday, February 9, 2010
It's a brand new day
I think it was somewhere in between crouching on the floor of the Uffizi with my Botticelli class and professor to see what the Primavera would have "really" looked like when hung and dancing to "Down" with my friends and a waiter in the street by the light of the Duomo. But maybe it was when i realized I've come to love eggplants or when I was perfectly content in that very moment sitting in Zaza's with my mother in a near food and wine coma. Who knows- it might have been when I was told that to other people I look like I'm always "put together" and "excited." Whenever it happened, things shifted. Something changed- my outlook, my perspective, my world, I'm not sure. But it's good. It's really good. I remembered why I came here and what I want to accomplish and realized how very much I am still excited to do, see, smell and experience. Suddenly, two and a half more months seems nearly adequate instead of interminably long. And who knows, maybe in two and a half more months it will seem all too short and I'll look back and wonder why it took me so long to shift my perspective. Maybe it really was just a matter of letting go of how people say things should be seen and crouching down to see things as they were "really" intended to be seen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love this. This kind of moment of clarity and excitement is what studying abroad is all about, and it's what we will keep searching for long after we've arrived back home. Keep it alive, lady. I'm excited for you.
ReplyDeleteAlister, I am so thrilled you're happy there. It all sounds so incredible and I love reading about everything you're doing and seeing. Keep loving it and enjoy every second. Love you Miss you!
ReplyDelete