Yesterday was the last day of classes. REJOICE! Not that I haven't loved every minute of suffering through the Black Death and looking at more Botticelli paintings than I ever knew existed, though their existence as true Botticellis is still unclear, but I am quite glad to be done. I am now in a strange state of limbo where I don't really have anything to do and so thus can do anything. Except today. Because it is raining. So i decided to be productive and in one fell (brutal) swoop do ALL the internship journal entries I haven't been doing plus write my reflection paper. I got the journal entries done.....
Last night there was a dinner and a feste at school to celebrate the last day of classes. It was actually really fun. I had spent the entire afternoon in the giardino making boats out of cardstock with Charlie and then later also Kelsey, so it was just a giardino filled day. If you're wondering, the boats are beautiful. We will hopefully be hanging them from the wisteria when the rain abates. As for the feste, we were all pleasantly surprised by how good the food was. Good thing, since we had to miss a dinner with our host families to go! And afterwards there was dancing. So. Much. Fun. Such bad music for most of the night, such bad dancing (we busted out everything from the shopping cart to the lawn mower) but so amazing. Towards the end of the night, the music got a little better but by that point everyone was just in too goofy of a mood to do anything but be utterly ridiculous. It was really nice. And then when it was winding down we just moved the party to the piazza which is now a HOPPING place to be at night now that the gazebo bar is open. And yes, that's exactly what it sounds like. A bar. In a gazebo. Intended for Italians so the drinks are WAY too strong. But it was definitely a fun night. I gave a lovely toast to Savonarola, because boy am I going to miss his scary face glaring down at me every morning as I go to school. Somehow the lucky Catamount and the UVM Boulder just don't have the same oomf knowing that they didn't turn a significant portion of a generation of Florentines into God-fearing, art-burning religious fanatics. But I guess I can make do in exchange for bagels, hippies and going barefoot.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment