Thursday, April 1, 2010

Vado a Creta!

Tomorrow morning, in my first venture out of the country since arriving in Italy, I am going to Crete with my wolf pack of ladies. It should be fabulous. It's also the first time I've gotten on a plane since getting here, so it hasn't quite hit me yet. I think it will though when I'm at the train station at 5:30 am tomorrow with a backpack and smile and nothing else. The to do list consists of the following: eat lots of Greek food, make friends with the crazy hostel owners, go to Knossos, sun tan on the beach for copious hours, visit produce markets and explore Rethymno (where we're staying), and drink raki (the Mediterranean/Turkish version of grappa flavored with anise). We're boxing it, we're checking it, and it will hopefully be a weekend we'll never forget. I will most certainly update everyone on how it was upon my return to Florence. For my last 3 weeks....we're not talking about that. Focusing on Crete...
In other news, I had the greatest gelato of my life today at a place called Cavini- they had soy coffee gelato which was fluffy and wonderful and cioccolata fondente senza latte (milk free dark chocolate) that was basically frozen fudge. The combination was epic and I may have found a new favorite hang out spot. Heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment